What is a Skin Cleanser?
A skin cleanser is a product that cleans the facial skin, removing contaminants like pollutants, makeup, dirt, and dead skin cells.
Skin cleansers may include ingredients that moisturize dry skin, smooth wrinkles, or help prevent acne. One of the best was to determine what kind of skin cleanser will be best for your body is to determine what skin type you have.
Common Types of Skin
Oily Skin –Those with oily skin usually have a shinier complexion and are more prone to pimples, blackheads, and enlarged pores.
Combination – Combination skin is a mix of oily and dry. While some areas are dry, other areas such as the nose, chin, and forehead, or typically oily. Those with combination skin might experience blackheads, shiny skin, and larger pores.
Choosing a Skin Cleanser
With so many skin cleansers available it can be hard to narrow down the list to find the right one. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a skin cleanser for your skin type:
- Use a gentle cleanser to avoid stripping the natural moisturizers in the skin.
- Look for a fragrance free cleanser with added moisturizers.
- Avoid cleansers that require scrubbing.
- Pat your face dry after cleansing.
- Choose an oil-free cleanser.
- Cleansers that contain benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid will help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Wash your face morning and night. Gently exfoliate once a week to loosen and remove dirt and oil in your pores.
- Use a cleanser specifically formulated for oily skin.
- Avoid scrubbing your face.
- Use a mild, water soluble cleanser specifically formulated for combination skin.
- After applying a skin cleanser, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Use a cleanser daily.
- A gentle exfoliator will help remove dead skin cells.